Clover lawn round #3 - mid summer and the clover is lush and green

By the end of July, the Dutch White Clover had come in and was looking green and lovely (especially compared to the sparse microclover we tried earlier). We mowed it occasionally, and didn't water at all after it was established. Racoons and squirrels continued to regularly dig through the clover which did create some bald spots, but overall it has held up much better than the grass we replaced.
Glorious green clover at the end of July





According Zsa Zsa, one of life's great pleasures is lounging if sun-dappled clover, feeling a gentle breeze through one's fur... she might be on to something...

Comments

  1. Hi!
    I just purchased a TON of microclover to seed my clay-based backyard. Would love to pick your brain on your experience with Micro + regular clover as it looks like we live in the same area and have the same (clay-based) issues.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had pretty much abandoned this blog and moved to garden.rehab on instagram, so I’m happy to get your question :) What info are you looking for?

      Delete
    2. I sowed microclover 3 weeks ago and it's taking a very long time to grow. You can see it if you're standing right in front of it but from my upstairs window, the yard still looks like a pile of dirt, lol. I might try the dutch clover and see if I have better luck. Thanks for the idea.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Clover lawn round #1 - Microclover

Clover lawn round #2 - Dutch white clover and sweet allysum